Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fly Fishing Shows

I went to a couple fly fishing shows in the last couple of months as i try to do at least once a year. I managed to get my mother to drag me to both of them. The first I went to was Th Fly Fishing Show in Marlborough, MA. While I was there I bought some much needed supplies, learned some new techniques, and made some new fly fishing friends. I met Rob Lewis who is an amazing tier who creates BUGS! He ties realistic patterns, a couple of which he gave to me to attempt to duplicate. I also Met an old friend who I have seen at many shows over the past four years or so. His name is Bill Newcomb. I always make a point of it to stop at his booth at the shows and say hello and talk fish. In addition, I always see him tying beautiful dry flies.
I also went to the Bear's Den Show in MA. there i met up with Bill and Rob and showed them a couple of flies that I tied. It was a great show and larger than I expected. I also caught up with the owner of Bear's Den who sold me my first Tenkara rod. Over all, i recommend going to these shows to see what's new and get some great tying materials.
Below are some links to sites Bill and Rob are on.

http://www.robsrealistics.com/about.html
http://www.riseformstudio.tv/fly_fishing_video_bill_newcomb.html

No comments:

Post a Comment