Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tenkara Outings

So for Christmas I got a 13'6 Amago Tenkara fly rod, along with 10 feet of Tenkara line. I was very excited when my dad and I were driving down a woodland road and found a good looking stream. Naturally a pulled out my new toy and took a few casts with no success. However, I started moving downstream through thick brush and found a nice little spot where the water didn't quite rise over a small gravel bed. I rigged up and took three casts in this little stream. On the third cast my #20 adams fly went under in a small riffle; I set the hook and to my sheer delight there was a five inch brookie. As i did so i yelled to my dad and told him to venture through the brush so he could get a photo, which he did. I fished the creek for another hour or so with no results, But i  still left feeling good having had the chance to try my new rod on a wild brook trout.
I have the pictures from this in my dad's camera so I'll upload them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment